nuclear-news

The News That Matters about the Nuclear Industry Fukushima Chernobyl Mayak Three Mile Island Atomic Testing Radiation Isotope

TODAY. Revisiting my Trumpian dilemma

I’ve posted about this before. But it’s getting worse now

On the one hand, I despise Donald Trump , Qanon, and the whole crazy movement to wreck our democratic institutions. I also despise Rupert Murdoch’s News Corpse, with its endless barrage of lies, climate denialism etc.

On the other hand, some of what News Corpse says happens to be true, even if its underlying purpose is to destroy President Joe Biden.

Today I find News Corpse’s Sky News showing this video about the war in Ukraine – and it’s probably aimed at destroying Biden.

My dilemma is – this sounds awfully like it could be true.

‘Naïve’ to think Russia will lose war, says Dr Jordan Peterson

September 23, 2022 - Posted by | Christina's notes

12 Comments »

1. Jordan pederson made his money by producing and publicly supporting hate propaganda. He is a racist, a bigot, and a fascist. Why don’t you start showing Gavin McGinnis videos, to show, how open minded, you are? Gavin McGinnis started the violent racist thug group, called the Proud Boys. Just disgusting. I’m through with nuclear-news.net. Just sickening and disgusting. There are any number of other commentators and experts who have a clear understanding, of the US proxy-War in the Ukraine.

Comment by Brian Thurmon | September 24, 2022 | Reply

• Thank you, Brian Thurman. I had never heard of Jordan Pederson before this. Yes, I have found out how deceptive and manipulative he is – feeding in to the extreme right, Quanon, etc. I have never heard of Gavin McGinnis, but I have heard of the Proud Boys – and I don’t like them at all.
      Sorry that you’re “through with nuclear-news.net” “sickening and disgusting”.
      The problem is – however an awful person Jordan Pederson may be, on this occasion, he seems to me to be saying some things worth hearing. If Pedersen said that the sun rises in the East – would you feel compelled to refute that ?

Comment by Christina Macpherson | September 24, 2022 | Reply

2. You have obviously never had to live through fascism, lady. I’ve seen it. Black men torn from their cars and brutally beaten to death, because of the color of their skin. This evil thing, Pederson, would flip-flop, on a dime, to push it’s ideology.

Comment by Jenee Florence | September 24, 2022 | Reply

• Thank you for your comment, Jenee Florence. I had never heard of Jordan Peterson. Now that I have done a little homework, I do realise that he is a darling of the extreme right, of conspiracy theorists, of Quanon, and of those who demonise the Left.
      All the same, on listening again to this Youtube, I do find his comments on the war in Ukraine credible. As to fascism, it seems now to be OK to forget: –
      “The mass killing of Jews at Kamianets-Podilsky represents the largest massacre of Jews in Ukraine during the summer of 1941, and signaled a decisive shift in the Holocaust from targeting certain groups of Jewish males to the indiscriminate murder of entire Jewish communities. This transformation continued throughout the fall of 1941, as tens of thousands of men, women, and children were shot to death in ravines, open fields, and forests throughout Ukraine.” – https://www.nationalww2museum.org/war/articles/ukraine-holocaust
      A sizeable minority of Ukrainians collaborated in these and other Nazi atrocities. Memories of Stalinist atrocities in the 1930s continued to fuel the hatreds that continue today and feed a continuing Nazi strain in Ukrainian thought. The West pretends that this does not exist.

Comment by Christina Macpherson | September 24, 2022 | Reply

3. The presenter is Piers Morgan from our side of the pond and not someone I would follow.
    The other character I know nothing of, but I agree, it’s hard to argue with the logic. All very worrying.

Comment by Schnark | September 25, 2022 | Reply

• Thank you, Schnark, for understanding. I am a supporter of progressive policies and movements, but. at the same time, trying to find out what is going on. This website does give more coverage to the Russian point of view, but only because the corporate media gives such a blatantly pro-USA coverage. Like the policeman in an old TV series. our motto should be “Just wanna get the facts, ma’am”

Comment by Christina Macpherson | September 25, 2022 | Reply

• That would be Columbo?
        We liked him, aged 11, I named my hamster after him.
        I’ve subscribed to your site because I like to read people who have open minds even though I fear the cause is hopeless. There’ll be a rush for nuclear power in Europe and with the exponential growth in the pace of climate chaos, and the exponential decline in good government and diplomacy, every one I know wants to just bury their head in the sand, or look on the bright side.
        And on the left of politics folk are too quick to attack another, I don’t know how we can ever be more than the “people’s front of Judea”

Comment by Schnark | September 26, 2022

• Not Colombo. Joe Friday, played by Jack Webb, in the TV show Dragnet (1951-59). Joe Friday didn’t get to be a sergeant by beating around the bush. He wanted to get right to the heart of the matter, hence his famous catchphrase when interrogating female suspects: “Just wanna get the facts, ma’am.”
        I’m forever struggling with the importance of empathy in life, versus curiosity about what really happened – what is going on. Joe Friday epitomised the approach that is tactless, but honest and clear.
        I don’t know what the “people’s front of Judea is. Sounds interesting.
        It is good to be considerate and respectful of others’ views
        It seems a human necessity to “look on the bright side”. All the same, there is a certain freedom in choosing to look for the facts.

Comment by Christina Macpherson | September 26, 2022

• “The people’s front of Judea” is a reference from Monty Python’s Life of Bryan film. The people’s front of Judea were against the Romans but more than the Romans, they hated the Judean People’s Front. In Britain now there seems to be the party that rules and the rest that squabble amongst themselves. Perhaps this will change now at last.

Comment by Schnark | September 27, 2022

• I am indebted to you, Schnark, for reminding me of my religious and political beliefs. One of my favourite scenes from Life of Brian, second only to the one about ‘Fuck off”- “How shall we fuck off, my Lord ?”. It is a sadness to me that no-one nowdays is providing me with such spiritual instruction. (I can’t believe that things will get better in the UK, with Liz Truss cutting taxes and borrowinh heaps of pounds to pay for these cuts.)

Comment by Christina Macpherson | September 28, 2022

4. -Jordan pederson believes, that exclusively the left, is antinuclear energy. That is because, he knows little about hard science. He pretends to me a master of everything, and is really only a second rate psychologist with an extremist, agenda.
    He knows few details about nuclear energy.  Peterson is an ideologue. Take his lobster analogy.
    -Pederson also chastised the left for being antinuclear weapon. He has reiterated that nuclear weapons, preserve peace in the world and keep powers, out out of majors wars.

In episode 1769 (aired on 25th of Jan, 2022) at the 15 minute mark is what I’m refferring to.
    The link to the podcast is here: https://open.spotify.com/episode/7IVFm4085auRaIHS7N1NQl?si=8359e204340e4194

Basically they start the episode discussing climate change and at some point Nuclear energy comes up. Spoiler: Peterson is quite pro-nuclear.
    it’s good that nuclear energy gets a positive mention on such a popular platform

-His view on nuclear weapons
    “Nuclear war is so terrifying that it has made us peaceful”
    It is really that simple: Nuclear weapons = World peace

Comment by Terry Souther | September 25, 2022 | Reply

• Thank you, Terry Souther. I very much appreciate you supplying the lowdown on Jordan Pederson. I had, in fact, never heard of him, before I came across this video. Since then, I have realised that he is indeed an idealogue, and a darling of nutty right-wing extremists.
      “How can an antinuclear site seriously put a Jordan Pederson video up and expect to have credibility?” Because in this video he says some important things that no-one else seems to be saying. I believe that they are things that need to be heard. These issues are too serious for us to dismiss important ideas or facts just because we don’t like the person who is saying them

Comment by Christina Macpherson | September 25, 2022 | Reply