UNCLEAR UNSCEAR Report aims to UNSCARE
Christina Macpherson, 3 April 14, I have not yet read the latest report. But I have seen many headlines – telling us that there will be few or no health effects from Fukushima radiation.
Here are a few of the points that I noticed in the news reports.
- It talks about cancer predictions for the whole of Japan with “ low impact” – rather than focussing on the Fukushima exposed population
- It finds that there will be no discernable change in cancer rates for the whole of Japan, nor of birth defects.
- It finds that any effects on terrestrial and marine ecosystems would be “transient”
- effects on flora and fauna of marine ecosywas limited to the shoreline area adjacent to the power station
- the potential for marine effects over the long term was considered insignificant
If you bother to analyse all this – it really means nothing. The report admits to a few thyroid cancers amongst children. But that doesn’t seem to matter!
As to mixing up the exposed population with the whole Japanese population – then the cancer incidence increase would look negligible. But it mentions “low impact” – So there IS some impact!
There’s no “discernable ” change – there could be a change but they won’t be able to pin[point it, therefore it doesn’t exist?
As no-one really registers birth defects – there is no baseline to compare whether or not birth defects will increase. (also stillbirths, spontaneous abortions – all not measured)
Effects on ecosystems are “transient”. That’s not what the studies by Dr Timothy Mousseau are finding. but then UNSCEAR hasn’t done any ecological studies, as far as I can find out
Marine effects are limited to the shoreline – so where did the newly arrived radioactive Cesium in Pacific fish come from? (Radioactive cesium is unknown except from nuclear industry sources – does not exist in nature)
2 Comments »
- 1 NUCLEAR ISSUES
- business and costs
- climate change
- indigenous issues
- marketing of nuclear
- opposition to nuclear
- politics international
- Religion and ethics
- secrets,lies and civil liberties
- weapons and war
- 2 WORLD
- MIDDLE EAST
- NORTH AMERICA
- SOUTH AMERICA
- Christina's notes
- Christina's themes
- global warming
- RARE EARTHS
- resources – print
- Resources -audiovicual
- World Nuclear