The News That Matters about the Nuclear Industry Fukushima Chernobyl Mayak Three Mile Island Atomic Testing Radiation Isotope

Does the US EPA Not Know the Difference Between a US Gallon and a Liter? Radioactive Water Comment Deadline 25 July 2016

Mining Awareness +

Comment on the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Notice: [Nonprotective Inaction ] “Guide for Drinking Water after a Radiological Incident” here: by 11.59 pm on 25 July 2016.

When it comes to the estimating the hazard associated with radiation in drinking water after a nuclear disaster the US EPA says that adults need around 1.6 liters of drinking water, whereas when it comes to recommendations for drinking water systems to consider buying bottled water, diluting water to be less radioactive, etc., after a nuclear accident, the US EPA proposes one or more gallons per person. One US liquid gallon is 3.785 liters. There is a big difference. (See charts below).

The USDA puts adult average water needs at 3.7 liters, of which 3 liters would be as beverages (e.g. water, coffee, tea – note that water is required to make coffee and tea). However, the USDA adds that…

View original post 720 more words

July 19, 2016 - Posted by | Uncategorized

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: