September 26-29, 2014, Taipei, Taiwan - 2014 No Nukes Asia Forum
2014 No Nukes Asia Forum
September 26-29, 2014, Taipei, Taiwan
To oppose the expansion of nuclear power and the proliferation of nuclear weapons in Asia, anti-nuclear activists of Asian counties came together at Tokyo, Japan to hold the first” No Nukes Asia Forum(NNAF)” in 1993. This year, the NNAF will be held in Taipei, Taiwan. The forum will focus on following topics: the current situation of nuclear power, anti-nuclear movement and renewable energy in each country, the danger of nuclear power and radiation, how to strengthen the anti-nuclear movement and the importance of the international solidarity. We welcome anyone who cares about energy and the environment to participate the forum to make NNAF a great success for the solidarity of anti-nuclear movement.
|Date||Event||Locations / Notes|
|Day 1||9/25 (Thu)||Foreign guests arrive|
|Day 2||9/26 (Fri)||Daytime: conferenceNight: Welcome party||Daytime: NTNU International Conference CenterNight: The Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall|
|Day 3||9/27 (Sat)||Daytime: conferenceAfternoon: Visit Chi-Lin Foundation
Night: Dinner with Mr. Lin, Yi-Hsiung
|Daytime: NTNU-SCELecture hall,1F
|Day 4||9/28 (Sun)||Daytime: Visit NPP1,2 and 4Night: Farewell Party||Daytime: Shimen,Jinshan and Gongliao.Night: Jiu-Feng|
|Day 5||9/29 (Mon)||Daytime: Press Conference/ foreign guests leaveOptional Orchid Island visit|
|Day 6||9/30 (Tue)||Optional Orchid Island visit|
- The registration fee is 300 USD for each person.
- We will provide the airfare and accommodation for one person from each Asian country (country report needed) besides Taiwan, Japan and Korea.
- For those who would like to participate the forum, please fill up the register form and mail to us before 8/22(Fri).
- For Orchid Island visit (optional), the expense will be USD 300 (including airfare and accommodation, food, insurance, bus on the island). For making proper arrangement, we also need to know who would like to join in before 8/27 (Wed.)
- If you would like to make a presentation, please contact us and provide an abstract as soon as possible before 8/22(Fri). We will decide the speakers before 8/31(Sun).The speaker should submit the manuscript before 9/10(Wed).
- The forum will focus on following topics: the current situation of nuclear power, anti-nuclear movement and renewable energy in each country, the danger of nuclear power and radiation, how to strengthen the anti-nuclear movement and the importance of the international solidarity.
- Every speaker will have 20 minutes report time (Q&A is included), but keynote speech will get 10 minutes more.
2014 No Nukes Asia Forum
Taiwan Environmental Protection Union.
Address：,2F.,No107,Sec. 3,Tingzhou Rd., Zhongzheng Dist., 100 Tipei, Taiwan.
Tel：+8862 2363-6419 / +8862 2364-8587
Supported by Homemakers United Foundation (HUF), Green Citizens’ Action Alliance (GCAA), the Presbyterian Church Taiwan (PCT), Papa No Nuke, Taiwan Grassroots Alliance for Peace, Humanistic Education Foundation, Weekly Anti Nuke 4-5-6, Parents Association in Taipei, Taiwan Woman Links, Taiwan society North , Taiwan Association of University Professors(TAUP), Taiwan Environmental Information Association (TEIA), Wild at Heart Legal Defense Association, Citizen of the Earth, Taiwan, Citizen Congress Watch, New Frontier Foundation, the Green Party, Alliance of Referendum for Taiwan, as well as Taiwan Environmental Protection Union (TEPU)
Mari is facing charges stemming from speaking out on radiation in Japan and advocacy for families relocating children out of the areas contaminated by radioactivity from the damaged Fukushima Daiichi reactor site, operated by TEPCO. Radioactivity continues to leave that site. It is well established that while lower levels of exposure to radioactivity lowers risk, the greatest hazard from radiation comes when children are exposed, raising the risk of cancer manifold over their entire lives.
The group ETHOS in Japan supports the decision by some to stay and live in contaminated areas. Sadly, some of these families feel they have no choice due to economics and other factors. Certainly young children have no choice. ETHOS advocates monitoring radioactivity, but well established science supports Mari’s views that there is no safe dose of radiation and that children need to be protected. We support open discussion, access to information and free choice. We ask the Prosecutor to agree that writing and speaking about these issues are not a crime.
Please Stand With Mari as she stands for precaution, protection and the rights of children to a healthy future. https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/Office_of_the_Prosecutor_Iwaki_Branch_Fukushima_Japan_Support_Mari_Takenouchi_and_Radiation_Protection/?copy
6 Comments »
- 1 NUCLEAR ISSUES
- business and costs
- climate change
- indigenous issues
- marketing of nuclear
- opposition to nuclear
- politics international
- Religion and ethics
- secrets,lies and civil liberties
- weapons and war
- 2 WORLD
- MIDDLE EAST
- NORTH AMERICA
- SOUTH AMERICA
- Christina's notes
- Christina's themes
- rare earths
- resources – print
- Resources -audiovicual